Pages

Sunday 13 March 2016

DIY Facemask For Blemish Prone Skin

Hello everyone and welcome back to bundle of chatter. So my skin is very much blemish prone to put it kindly, it has been getting better but when outbreaks do occur I wanted to make something that would help my skin clear quicker. So after research I throw all the things I had found that seemed like they could be good for skin into a bowl and put it on my face for 20 minutes. A word of warning, this does sting for a few minutes; that's just the Cinnamon, if irritation occurs further wash it off quickly. Also check the ingredients and make sure your not allergic to anything; in a nutshells use at your own risk. This face mask didn't look the nicest or was the easiest to make or take off but it smelt amazing and has helped my skin massively with brightening, blemishes and dry patches and I use this mask every 2 weeks or so; all with things that are probably already in your kitchen. One last thing the ingredients are very strange but please don't let that put you off.

You Will Need: 
  •  2 tps Plain Yogurt
  •   3 tps Honey
  •  2 tsp Cinnamon
  •  A Few Drops Of Lemon Juice
  •  1 Packet Of Instant Porridge
  •  A splash Of Milk
Method:
  • Mix the plain yogurt, Cinnamon, lemon juice and 2 tsp of the honey in a small bowl.
  • pour half the packet of instant porridge into a bowl and add a splash of milk, pop this into the microwave for half the time it said on the packet.
  • be careful taking it out and give it a mix.
  • combine the yogurt mixture with the porridge and add the last tsp of honey.
  • check the temperature and make sure it's lightly warm but not burning
  • wash your hands and leave them a bit damp before applying these as it means the mixture won't stick to your hands as much.
  • leave it on for around 20 mins or however long you'd like.
  • take it off and put it in the bin; I wouldn't recommend washing it down your sink.
Because my skin is quite dry I popped a layer of milk onto my face after this as it is a natural moisturiser and left it on until it felt tight and then washed it off with warm water.

why I used my ingredients: 
  • Yogurt - it contains alpha hydroxy acid which kills dead skin cells and helps to prevent breakouts.
  • Honey - it has antibacterial properties which can help fight blemishes.
  • Cinnamon - helps to de-clog pours and helps heal ance scars.
  • Lemon Juice - it has antibacterial properties and can reduce blackheads.
  • Porridge - It is a natural moisturiser, relieves irritated skin and brightens it.
  • Milk - it is a natural moisturiser.
 Personally I love this face mask and hope you do to, it does look like a lot of faffing but it was worth it. see you on Wednesday! Also I hope it helped that I explained why I used the ingredients I did!

Lyeira

No comments:

Post a Comment