Pages

Sunday 8 May 2016

DIY clipboard wall art


Hello everyone, over the bank holiday weekend I have been upcycling a few bits and bob as I am making a cute wall display above my desk.

Clip Board:
 I've seen quite a few of this floating around the interent as people are using them on the wall and clippping lots of cute quotes and pictures on them. perosnally I think this lots so cute and can really be personalised. Alothough these can be quite espensive and diy-ing them is so  much cheaper and can be exactly what you like.

what I used:
  •  A MDF piece of wall art ( I had 2 so changed up one of them ) - 50p
  • small tester pot of cream paint - roughly £2
  • small pot of blue nail polish - £1.50
  • Some tape 
  • Spounge or paint brushes
  • hot glue gun or strong glue
luckily I already had all of these items so it cost me virtually nothing. Also keep in mind that this method is for the piece  MDF I brought and will be different for you guys.

What I did:
  • Firstly I peeled off the sticker on the front so that I was left with a white base.
 
  • Then I painted the whole thing cream and let that completely dried and then painted a second coat.
  • Once that was dry I picked a nail polish that was quite watery and poured some of that in a little at a time until I got this blue shade that I really like.
 
  • Next I used some tape on the cream layer in a random arrangement to make this pattern, make sure you test a tiny bit of the tape on the paint first to make sure it isn't going to take it off.
  • Once all the tape is on in an arrangement you like paint over the whole thing in the second colour you made.
  • If you don't need a second coat like myself wait until the paint is half dry and peel off the tape carefully.
  • once it is completely dry I used a thin layer of hair spray to set it all.
 
  • hot glue a large bulldog clip to the top centre and add what ever art or quotes or picture you would like.
  • hang it on the wall and admire your hard work.
Hope you enjoyed this job I'm so tempted to make so many more of these.

Lyeira

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool, I would love to see more D.I.Y's as yours always look amazing!

    ReplyDelete