Pages

Sunday 8 November 2015

Baking Tips and Tricks 2


 Hello everyone, as you may or may not know my first ever blog post was my baking tips and tricks; as I have continued baking I found more that I'd like to share with you. So here are my second lot of baking tips and trick to make our lives a tiny bit easier.

  • Weigh out ingredients before baking - this will just make your life a little bit easy and stops your cake batter having to sit on  the side for a bit while you measure out ingredients.
  •  
  • Never ice a hot cupcake - your icing will melt and your beautiful swirl will be ruined and dripping down your cake.

  • When baking cookies leave them to cool -  they really need to cool on the baking tray for up to 30 minutes. Unlike cupcakes don't tranfer them onto a wire rack.

  • Roll your lemons before juicing them - when incorperating lemon into your cupcakes (i do this quite alot) try to buy unwaxed lemons and roll them with the palm of your hand before juicing to get the juices flowing.

  • Fruit in cakes will sink if too heavy - chop up fruit and anthing else you put in a cake. It has weight meaning it will stink. This annoyed me for years I now chop them up smaller to avoid sinking.


  •   Crack your eggs in to a bowl first - unless you are an expert at cracking in eggs without getting in a shell, do this

  •  know what fruits go with chocolate - although stawberrries dunked in chocolate are heaven on earth, they don't really taste nice together while baking. Raspberries go with chocolate soooo much better. Also, orange and lime go with chocolate but lemon does not  (these are my opinions and what I'd reconmend and trust me I've learnt the hard way.) 
Hope you enjoyed this blog post, link to my first baking tips and tricks Here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment